Chocolate-Banana Split with Pumpkin Seed Brittle
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: 10 minutes Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts Special diet
Number of servings :
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Type of meal : | Desserts | Desserts
Special diet :
4 tsp (20 mL) sugar
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
2 tbsp (30 mL) hulled pumpkin seeds
1-1/3 cups (325 mL) frozen yogurt
¼ cup (60 mL) chocolate syrup
- Combine sugar and salt in small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Cook without stirring, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar has melted and is amber in colour, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray small baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spray a large spoon with nonstick cooking spray.
- As soon as sugar is amber, immediately add pumpkin seeds, remove from heat, and stir until seeds are coated, about 1 minute.
- Transfer to baking sheet, spreading seeds out with spoon. When cool enough to handle, break up the seed brittle.
- Peel and thickly slice bananas crosswise on the diagonal and divide among 4 dessert bowls.
- Spoon 1/3 cup (75 mL) frozen yogurt over each serving. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and sprinkle pumpkin-seed brittle on top.
Helpful Hint: Use a skillet with a light-coloured surface (such as white enamel) so you can tell when the sugar has turned “amber”. It’s hard to judge the colour of the caramel in a dark-coloured skillet.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:3191