Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
“This recipe started out as a plain zucchini cookie. But over the years, I added nuts and chocolate chips. These soft cookies never make it to the cookie jar!” —Tina Lunt, Bass Harbor, Maine
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place shredded zucchini on a clean towel; roll up and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the zucchini, nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 67 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fibre), 1g protein.