Citrus Coconut Steamed Cod
“I love to make this fusion meal on weeknights when I am short on time but want something big in flavour.” —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 cod fillets 6 ounces each
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tsp minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained, 11 ounces
- 1 green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- minced fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, place a steamer basket over 1 in. water. Place cod in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; steam, covered, until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk cornstarch, coconut milk and orange juice until smooth. Add chili sauce, ginger and soy sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in oranges, green onion, almonds and sesame oil; heat through. Serve with cod; sprinkle with cilantro.
1 serving: 330 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fibre), 29g protein.