Coconut Key Lime Thumbprints
“This is the cookie recipe I created for the Las Vegas World Food Championships 2013. It’s similar to a shortbread thumbprint cookie, but with lots more personality.” —Amy Freeze, Avon Park, Florida
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2-1/2dozen||40minutes + cooling||15minutes/batch + cooling|
|2-1/2dozen||40minutes + cooling|
|15minutes/batch + cooling|
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup Key lime juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tsp water
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 4 oz white baking chocolate chopped
- 1 tbsp shortening
Test Kitchen Tips
- Shortcut alert: Substitute one cup prepared lime curd for homemade.
- We spooned the curd into the cookies, but it's thick enough to pipe into the cookies for fast assembly.
- Adding shortening to the white baking chocolate thins it out so it can be drizzled over the cookies.
1 cookie: 182 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.