Colourful Brunch Frittata
“A friend called and asked me for a special recipe that he could serve at his daughter’s wedding brunch. I created this recipe for the special day.” —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||15minutes||50minutes + standing|
|50minutes + standing|
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper diced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper diced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 14 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheesev
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper; stir into vegetable mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
1 piece: 270 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 256mg cholesterol, 377mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fibre), 16g protein.