Confectioners’ Sugar Glaze
You can make the basic recipe and tint it with food coloring if desired. For chocolate lovers, skip the food colouring and stir in some baking cocoa.
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Cookies | Cookies
Special diet :
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon water
1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, water and vanilla; stir until combined and smooth (mixture will be thick).
- Tint with food colouring if desired.
- With a butter knife or small metal spatula, lightly spread glaze on cooled cookies. Let dry for 1 hour.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Chocolate Confectioners’ Sugar Glaze
- Prepare Confectioners’ Sugar Glaze.
- Stir in 4 teaspoons baking cocoa until smooth.