Contest-Winning Moist Chocolate Cake
“You don’t have to spend a lot of time to serve an elegant and delicious dessert. Just mix up the batter in one bowl, bake and get ready for people to love this chocolate bundt cake.” —Christa Hageman, Telford, Pennsylvania
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup brewed coffee strong
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- t tablespoon confectioner's sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add the eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
1 slice: 315 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.