Cornish Hen Alla Novarese
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 small carrot, diced
1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped finely
30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
3 mild Italian sausages, casings removed
125 ml (½ cup) long-grain rice, cooked
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 Cornish hens
125 ml (½ cup) Marsala wine
250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce
- In a skillet, soften the carrot and the rosemary in the oil. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Add the sausage meat, rice and egg and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 210°C / 425°F.
- Season the cavity of the hens with salt and pepper and stuff with the sausage mixture.
- Place breast side up in an ovenproof skillet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C / 350°F and roast about 60 minutes more, basting occasionally. Remove the hens from the oven, keep warm and remove the fat from the pan.
- Deglaze the pan with Marsala and reduce by half.
- Add the demi-glace and simmer five minutes.
- Scoop out the stuffing and transfer to a serving platter. Cut the hens in half and arrange on the platter.
- Spoon the sauce over the hens at serving time.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2543