Cornish Hens Alla Diavola
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
75 ml (⅓ cup) freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 fresh chili peppers, seeded and chopped
180 ml (¾ cup) olive oil
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
2 Cornish hens, halved
Coarse sea salt, to taste
1 lemon, quartered
- In a large, sealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, hot peppers, olive oil and pepper.
- Add the Cornish hen pieces, coat well with the mixture and seal the bag. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F.
- Preheat a ridged stove-top grill for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Pat the poultry dry and season with salt. Place the pieces skin side down on the grill and sear well. Arrange the pieces skin side up in an ovenproof dish and bake about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Arrange on a heated platter. Garnish with lemon quarters and serve.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2438