Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie
“My grandmother made this treat every year for Christmas. It’s much better than everyday apple pie. The recipe is a family treasure.” —Maxine Theriauit, Nashua, New Hampshire
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 6 medium tart apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 pastry shell 9 inches
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds toasted
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, butter, nutmeg and salt. Add apples and cranberries; stir gently. Pour into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in almonds; sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until apples are tender.
1 slice: 453 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fibre), 3g protein.