Cranberry Meatballs and Sausage
“Years ago, I found a version of this sausage and meatballs recipe in a cookbook. At first taste, my family judged it a keeper. The tangy, saucy meatballs are requested by our friends whenever I host card night. We also take the yummy dish on camping trips.” —Marybell Lintott, Vernon, British Columbia
Taste of Home
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 can jellied cranberry sauce 14 ounces
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 package miniature smoked sausage links 1 pound
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble bulk sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into 1 in. balls. In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°.; drain.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir over medium heat until cranberry sauce is melted. Add the meatballs and sausage links. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until sausage links are no longer pink and sauce is slightly thickened, 10-15 minutes.
1 serving: 218 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fibre), 7g protein.