Cranberry Shortbread Stars
Shortbread and cranberries are a match made in pastry heaven. The star shape is a festive addition to any holiday cookie tray.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|3dozen||20minutes + chilling||15minutes per batch|
|3dozen||20minutes + chilling|
|15minutes per batch|
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until blended. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in cranberries.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. star-shaped cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Originally published on Taste of Home.