Creamy Apple Crumb Pie
“I revised this classic apple pie recipe from a church cookbook. I knew it was a keeper when my mother-in-law asked for a copy.” —Linda Pawelski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||20minutes||50minutes + cooling|
|50minutes + cooling|
- pastry for single-crust pie 9 inches
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 6 cups diced peeled tart apples about 6 medium
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate or cast-iron skillet with crust; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Fold in the apples. Combine sour cream and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Spoon into crust.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
1 piece: 299 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fibre), 4g protein.