Creamy Egg Salad
“I love the versatility of egg salad, especially with this recipe. You can serve it on a nest of mixed greens, tucked into a sandwich or with your favourite crisp crackers.” —Cynthia Kohlberg, Syracuse, Indiana
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs chopped
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in green pepper, celery, relish and parsley. Fold in eggs. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Sub a 4-ounce jar of pimientos for the finely chopped pepper, and add 1/2 cup of finely grated sharp cheddar cheese for a heartier take on a Southern classic.
- Freshen this recipe from your summer garden by using dill instead of (or in addition to) the parsley. Remember, dill packs quite a punch, so 2 teaspoons instead of 2 tablespoons should do it.
1/2 cup: 228 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 264mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fibre), 9g protein.