Creamy Tiramisu Cheesecake
“The Italian word ‘tiramisu’ means “pick-me-up” and refers to a dessert of ladyfinger sponge cake dipped in coffee, embracing mascarpone cheese. Work that in with cream cheese and you have a guaranteed picker-upper that redefines a classic.” —Mrs. Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12servings||30minutes||70minutes + chilling|
|70minutes + chilling|
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs about 2 whole crackers
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 1 package ladyfingers split, 3 ounces
- 4 packages cream cheese softened, 8 ounces each
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Brush bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with butter; sprinkle evenly with cracker crumbs. Securely wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) under and around pan.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; cool and set aside. Combine brewed coffee and rum extract; brush over flat sides of split ladyfingers. Arrange ladyfingers, rounded sides out, along sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, sour cream, vanilla and reserved dissolved coffee. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until centre is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Just before serving, dust cheesecake with cocoa.
1 slice: 470 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fibre), 9g protein.