Crisp Finger Sandwich
Although this recipe for a crisp English cucumber sandwich makes a refreshing lunch for one, you can easily whip up a batch for anniversaries and showers using a small party loaf of whole wheat or sourdough bread.
- 1 slice whole wheat bread toasted
- 25 mL reduced-fat spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 75 mL English cucumber thinly sliced
- 45 mL alfalfa sprouts
- dash pepper coarsely ground
- Spread toast with cream cheese. Top with cucumber, sprouts, and pepper.
1 sandwich equals 146 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 7 g protein.