Crunchy Herbed Chicken Breasts
“This Italian dish is out of this world. I’m always getting requests to make it for family and friends.” —Lucia Johnson, Massena, New York
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Grated Romano cheese
- 1 tbsp minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 5 ounces each
- Olive oil-flavoured cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip both sides of chicken in the flour, eggs, then crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Spritz tops with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
1 chicken breast half: 244 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.