Dad’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
“My dad, Art Winter, would tuck some of these cookies in the care packages he and my mom sent to me when I was in college.” —Art Winter, Trumbull, Connecticut
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Form dough into 1-1/2-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-13 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 134 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.