Dairy-Free Wild Blueberry Soft Serve
These Wild Blueberry Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple stacks are simple and easy to make, light and healthy, and so delicious. The perfect summertime dessert!
Courtesy: Danielle Omar
- 2 slices pineapple
- 2/3 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 3 bananas frozen
- 1-3 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- To make the ice cream, blend frozen bananas, Wild Blueberries, vanilla extract and 1-2 tablespoons of coconut milk in a blender or food processor until desired soft-serve texture. Taste for sweetness and add honey or stevia, if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and freeze while you grill up the pineapple.
- Place pineapple in a large bowl or sealable bag with brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Rub both sides of the pineapple with brown sugar (or seal bag and shake to coat).
- Preheat grill pan to high heat and lightly butter or oil the pan.
- Grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side, or until proper grill marks appear.
- Serve slightly cooled pineapple with Wild Blueberry soft serve and top with additional Wild Blueberries.