Decadent Chocolate & Raspberry Tart
Did someone say chocolate? The double-chocolate tart and gorgeous raspberries in this recipe by Chef Vanessa Gianfrancesco are a match made in heaven—and it’s oh-so simple to make!
Photo: Courtesy of Vanessa Gianfrancesco
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 8 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 tsp salt or fleur de sel
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1-1/2 cups 35% whipping cream
- 5 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and the butter. Press crumbs firmly into a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake until crust is dry for about 20 minutes. Let it cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the chocolate and a pinch of salt. In a small saucepan, bring cream to a simmer over medium-high heat. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it stand 2 minutes. Stir gently until chocolate melts and mixture is completely smooth. Pour chocolate into cooled tart shell and refrigerate about 30 minutes or until it sets Place the raspberries one by one on the tart tightly, ensuring that they are close together.
When raspberries are in season, buy a bunch, freeze them flat on a baking sheet, then pop them into a plastic food storage bag. This way, you'll have raspberries all year long and at a fraction of the cost.
Originally Published in Our Canada