Deviled Chicken Thighs
“When I make this dish, I invite my next-door neighbour over for supper. It’s just enough for the two of us. The chicken stays tender and moist, and the cashews add a perfect bit of crunch.” —Bernice Morris, Marshfield, Missouri
- 1 teaspoon butter softened
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 1/2 pound
- 3 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, vinegar, mustard, paprika and pepper. Spread over chicken thighs. Place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the cashews. Bake until chicken juices run clear and topping is golden brown, 7-12 minutes longer.
1 chicken thigh: 246 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.