Double Raspberry Sorbet
Go ahead raspberry lovers, take a bite. This velvety smooth sorbet and rich sauce give you a double dose of your favourite fruit-and you can make it from frozen berries any time of year.
Number of servings : 8
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Type of meal : | Ice creams/Sorbets | Ice creams/Sorbets
Special diet : | Heart Health
- Place the sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Place the raspberries and lemon juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Press through a nylon sieve into a large bowl; discard the seeds in the sieve.
- Stir the sugar syrup into the raspberries. Cover and chill for about 1 hour. Reserve 1⁄2 cup to use as the sauce.
- Pour the remaining mixture into an ice cream machine and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to a large freezerproof container, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
- If you do not have an ice cream machine, chill a 30 x 20 cm baking pan in the freezer. Pour in the raspberry mixture and freeze until slushy, about 1 1⁄2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Place in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a large freezerproof container, cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- Stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Divide between 8 dessert dishes. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon reserved sauce and serve.