“My grandchildren love these cream-filled cupcakes. They’re a special treat yet easy to make. And they keep nicely in the refrigerator.” —Dorothy Bahlmann, Clarksville, Iowa
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix regular size
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips semisweet
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut optional
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 30 paper-lined muffin cups half full. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and salt until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and, if desired, coconut.
- Drop about 2 teaspoonfuls of cream cheese mixture into the centre of each cupcake. Bake at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Store in the refrigerator.
1 each: 155 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.