Dulce de Leche Hot Chocolate Pods
“Who doesn’t love a steamy mug of hot chocolate on a snowy day? Now you can give friends, neighbours, co-workers or anyone who deserves a treat the pleasure of this indulgent drink with these giftable hot chocolate pods.” —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|14 pods (2 servings per pod)||20minutes + chilling||5minutes|
|14 pods (2 servings per pod)||20minutes + chilling|
- 24 oz 53% cacao dark baking chocolate or semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 can dulce de leche (13.4 oz)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Gold colored sugar and gold pearl dust optional
- Additional ingredient (for each pod)
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
Portions: pods (2 servings per pod)
Editor's Notes: This recipe was tested with Nestle dulce de leche. Look for it in the international foods section. Pearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Visit wilton.com.
3/4 cup: 289 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fibre), 8g protein.