Classic Chicken Potpie
“Our neighbours and a friend from back home are always after me to make ‘those yummy potpies’. That’s all the encouragement I need, since we really like ’em, too!” —Ada May Smith, Citrus Springs, Florida.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|8servings||20minutes||20minutes + standing|
|20minutes + standing|
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables thawed, about 16 ounces
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions thawed
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms drained, 4-1/2 ounces
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 can chicken broth 14-1/2 ounces
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- dough for single-crust pie
1 serving: 363 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fibre), 16g protein.