Easy Pistachio Tube Cake
“Mixes make this light cake easy, and a fluted tube pan gets it holiday party-ready. Go for the pistachios on top—the extra crunch is worth it.” —Dina Crowell, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|12slices||15minutes||35minutes + cooling|
|35minutes + cooling|
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix regular size
- 1 pkg instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- confectioner's sugar
- pistachios finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar. If desired, sprinkle with pistachios.
- Editor’s Note: To remove cakes easily, use solid shortening to grease plain and fluted tube pans.
1 slice (calculated without pistachios): 266 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 416mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fibre), 4g protein.