Easy Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
“I love this easy pot roast Crock-Pot recipe for a couple of reasons. First, it’s delicious. Second, it’s easy! I can’t describe the feeling of walking into my house after work and smelling this dish that’s been simmering in the slow cooker all day. There’s nothing better.” —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 boneless beef rump or chuck roast 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 medium carrots cut into thirds
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion quartered
- 3 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 carton beef broth 32 ounces
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place carrots, potatoes and onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on top of vegetables; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Add broth. Cook, covered, on low 10-12 hours, until beef and vegetables are tender.
- Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker; keep warm.
- Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Bring juices to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with roast and vegetables.
1 serving: 354 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.