Feta Chicken Burgers
“My friends always request these tasty chicken burgers. I sometimes add olives to punch up the flavour! The burgers are exceptional with the mayonnaise-cucumber topping.” —Angela Robinson, Findlay, Ohio
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns split and toasted
- lettuce slices optional
- tomato slices optional
1 burger with 1 tablespoon sauce: 356 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 31g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.