Feta Chicken Burgers
“My friends always request these tasty chicken burgers. I sometimes add olives to punch up the flavour! The burgers are exceptional with the mayonnaise-cucumber topping.” —Angela Robinson, Findlay, Ohio
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup cucumber finely chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Greek seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns split and toasted
- lettuce slices optional
- tomato slices optional
- Preheat broiler. Mix cucumber and mayonnaise. For burgers, mix red pepper and seasonings. Add chicken and cheese; mix lightly but thoroughly (mixture will be sticky). Shape into six 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Broil burgers 4 in. from heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve on buns with cucumber sauce. If desired, top with lettuce and tomato.
- Freeze option: Place uncooked patties on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; cover and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to an airtight freezer container; return to freezer. To use, broil frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary.
1 burger with 1 tablespoon sauce: 356 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fibre), 31g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.