Healthy Fish Tacos
Here’s a truly fun way to enjoy fish. The mango’s sweetness marries well with spicy peppers, creating a refreshing and healthy salsa. Even the corn tortillas are rich in antioxidants!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut steaks
- 1 mango ripe, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 8 large flour tortillas soft corn
- 1 lettuce shredded
- Preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, garlic, cumin, salt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and the fish and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, if desired, and the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice. Set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil. Remove the fish from the marinade and place on the broiler pan. Broil until opaque, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and place the tortillas in the oven to warm slightly, 1 minute. Flake the fish.
- Top the tortillas with equal amounts of lettuce, fish, and salsa.