Flank Steak with Cilantro & Blue Cheese Butter
“I love the combination of the sweet citrus marinade and the strong tang of the blue cheese butter. And my kids just love flank steak.” —Gwen Wedel, Augusta, Michigan
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 beef flank steak 2 pounds
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a shallow dish, combine the first five ingredients. Add steak; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let steak stand 5 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
- In a small bowl, beat blue cheese butter ingredients until blended. Serve steak with butter.
3 ounces cooked beef with 1 tablespoon blue cheese butter: 283 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fibre), 24g protein.