“Slices of this pretty sandwich make any casual get-together more speical. Add or change ingredients to your taste.” —Peggy Woodward, Shullsburg, Wisconsin
Taste of Home
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can chopped ripe olives drained, 4-1/4 ounces
- 1 focaccia bread split, about 12 ounces
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1/4 lb shaved deli ham
- 1 medium sweet red pepper thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 lb shaved deli turkey
- 1 large tomato thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced hard salami
- 1 jar roasted sweet red peppers drained, 7 ounces
- 4 to 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and olives; spread over the bottom half of bread. Layer with remaining ingredients; replace bread top. Cut into 24 wedges; secure with toothpicks.
Test Kitchen Tip
A rectangular-shaped focaccia bread, measuring about 12x8 in., works best for this sandwich.
1 piece: 113 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.