Four-Cheese Stuffed Shells
More cheese, please! You’ll get your fill from saucy jumbo pasta shells loaded with four kinds—ricotta, Asiago, mozzarella and cottage cheese. Do the prep work, and then freeze according to the recipe directions to have a ready-to-bake meal.
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 6 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach 10 ounces, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, Asiago cheese, ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, chives and 1/2 cup spinach (save the remaining spinach for another use).
- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain pasta; stuff with cheese mixture. Arrange in prepared dish. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked casserole. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in the centre of 2 or 3 shells to read 165°.
3 stuffed shells: 376 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 959mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fibre), 25g protein.