Four Seasons Pizza
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
1 pizza dough, divided in 4 (see Basic Pizza Dough recipe)
796 ml (28 oz) canned tomatoes, drained and crushed with your fingers
45 g (3 tbsp) butter
300 g (2 ½ cups) fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 kg (2 lb) mussels in the shell, cleaned
5 garlic cloves, chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
250 g (2 cups) Mozzarella, diced
440 g (14 oz) Mozzarella di Bufala, patted dry and sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4 marinated artichokes, patted dry and quartered
240 g (1 ½ cups) black and green olives, pitted and halved
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
250 g (8 oz) prosciutto, in thin strips
60 ml (4 tbsp) olive oil
Fresh basil or oregano, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Using your palms and fingertips, stretch and flatten each piece into a circle approximately 1 cm (1/2 in.) thick and 25 cm (10 in.) in diameter. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Spread some of the crushed tomato on each pizza and bake in the centre of the oven for 15 minutes.
- In a frying pan, melt 30 ml (2 tbsp.) of butter. Sauté the mushrooms over high heat until they are slightly browned and all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a large saucepan, and add the mussels, garlic and wine. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the mussels open. Remove mussels from their shells and set aside.
- Combine the black and green olives with the chopped anchovies and set aside.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven. Sprinkle each with Mozzarella and then place the slices of Mozzarina on top.
- Spread the mushrooms over one quarter of each pizza. Arrange the artichoke quarters on another quarter. Top the third quarter with the olive mixture and complete each pizza with the mussels. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Return the pizzas to the middle of the oven and bake another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with strips of prosciutto and the fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2317