Fresh Corn & Avocado Dip
“I alter my sister’s dip recipe by adding finely chopped jalapeno for a little heat. It’s a different way of serving corn as a dip that can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until serving.” —Pat Roberts, Thornton, Ontario
Photo: Taste of Home
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn thawed
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and diced
- 1 small peach peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 minced and seeded jalapeno pepper optional
- Baked tortilla chips
- Combine first 11 ingredients; add salt and pepper and, if desired, jalapeno. Serve with tortilla chips.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 52 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 1g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.