Fresh Herbs and Squash Turkey
Photo: Think Turkey
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Herb butter
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp herbes de Provence
- 6 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp strong mustard
- 1 lemon zest (keep whole lemon to stuff whole turkey)
- 2 tbsp tarragon chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 whole turkey approx. 12-16 lbs
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups baby potatoes halved
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 butternut squash cubed
- 2 yellow onions minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven, grid in the middle, at 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, Herbes de Provence, parsley, mustard, lemon zest, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Using your fingers, loosen turkey skin along breasts and legs, and evenly slide the prepared herb butter under the skin.
- Stuff the turkey cavity with parsley bunch and whole lemon.
- Put turkey in a roasting pan and add potatoes, garlic, squash, onions, white wine and salt.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 3 hours.
- Continue cooking, uncovered, for another hour, depending on the weight of the turkey, until a meat thermometer inserted in the leg reads 74°C (165 °F).
Nutritional Information Per serving
Calories: 346, Protein: 39g, Fat: 18g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Sodium: 558mg