Frosty Pumpkin Pie
“This frozen treat is so delightful no one would guess it’s made with reduced-fat ingredients. We actually prefer a slice of this layered dessert to traditional pumpkin pie at Christmastime.” —Janet Jackson, Homedale, Illinois
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt softened
- 1 graham cracker crust 9 inches
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 carton frozen reduced-fat whipping topping thawed, 8 ounces
- additional pumpkin pie spice optional
- Spread yogurt into crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt and ginger. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over frozen yogurt. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting. If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice.
Graham cracker crust (9 inches): Combine 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs (24 squares), 1/4 sugar and 1/3 cup melted butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375 until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before filling.
1 piece: 289 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fibre), 6g protein.