Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas
“My kids ask for these pita sandwiches all the time. They haven’t noticed that as good as they taste, they’re also good for them.” —Kim Holmes, Emerald Park, Saskatchewan
Taste of Home
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/2 medium apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium firm banana sliced
- In a small bowl, blend the peanut butter, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread inside pita bread halves; fill with apple and banana slices.
1 pita half: 324 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fibre), 12g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fruit.