Giant Buckeye Cookie
“I’m from Ohio, and we love our buckeye candy! Buckeyes are a delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate, which is exactly what this cookie is. All you need is a box of cake mix, a few common pantry ingredients, and voila—you have a tasty dessert ready for family and friends in under an hour. You can customize it, too, by substituting other mix-ins for the chocolate chips. We serve it warm with ice cream or whipped cream.” —Arianna Harding, Cincinnati, Ohio
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 package chocolate cake mix regular size
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- hot fudge ice cream topping (optional)
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- melted creamy peanut butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and oil until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Press half the dough into a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet. Combine peanut butter and confectioners' sugar; spread over dough in skillet. Press remaining dough between sheets of parchment into a 10-in. circle; place over filling.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out with moist crumbs, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm, with optional ingredients as desired.
1 piece: 443 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fibre), 8g protein.