Giant Cupcake Pumpkin
“Make a smiley statement by decorating a whole tray of cupcakes. Once everyone’s seen the big picture, they can all take a treat.” —Gena Lott, Ogden, Utah
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|26cupcakes||35minutes||20minutes + cooling|
|20minutes + cooling|
- 1 package spice cake mix regular size
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cans vanilla frosting 16 ounces each
- 1 tsp maple flavouring
- Orange food colouring
- Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 26 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pumpkin, water and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat frosting and flavouring; tint frosting orange. Arrange cupcakes on a large platter, forming a pumpkin. Spread frosting over cupcakes. Decorate with Reese's Pieces as desired.
1 cupcake (calculated without candies): 256 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fibre), 2g protein.