Ginger-Maple Roasted Pecans
“Use these spiced nuts as a snack, in a salad or as a coating for fish. They’re a smart ingredient to keep on hand.” —Angie Thanopoulos, Arlington Heights, Illinois
Photo: Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 6 slices fresh gingerroot cut from a 1-1/2-inch piece
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 pound pecan halves about 3 cups
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 2-3 minutes or until syrupy, stirring occasionally. Strain and discard ginger slices.
- Place pecans in a large bowl; drizzle with syrup mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to prepared pan. Roast 20-25 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
1/3 cup: 339 calories, 32g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 437mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fibre), 4g protein.