Gingerbread & Pumpkin Cream Trifle
Gingerbread and pumpkin-two flavours we wait for all year long-stacked and layered in a big trifle bowl, or made in miniature for everybody at the table.
- 14-1/2 oz gingerbread cake
- 3 oz vanilla pudding mix cook-and-serve
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2/3 cups canned pumpkin pie
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- Prepare and bake gingerbread cake according to package directions. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Stir in brown sugar and pie filling. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Cut or break gingerbread into 3/4-in. (2 cm) pieces. In 10 12-oz (350 mL) glasses or a 3-qt (2.85 L) trifle bowl, layer half of each of the following: cake, pumpkin mixture, and whipped topping. Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Top as desired.
Optional Toppings: Caramel topping, toasted pecans or gingersnap cookies