Gnocchi With Ricotta
Number of servings : Prep time: Cooking time: Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses Special diet
Number of servings :
Type of meal : | Main Courses | Main Courses
Special diet :
500 ml (2 cups) boiling water
10 ml (2 tsp) salt
125 ml (1/2 cup / 80 g) fine cornmeal
250 ml (1 cup / 250 g) ricotta cheese
1 egg yolk
500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
250 ml (1 cup) polenta, cooled
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
750 ml (3 cups) commercial tomato sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
Parmesan cheese, shaved, as desired
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F.
- In a saucepan, bring water to a rolling boil and add the salt. Sprinkle the cornmeal into the water, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg yolk and flour, stirring until smoothly blended. Add the polenta and mix well. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- On a floured surface, form the dough into rolls 1 cm (1/2 inch) in diameter. Cut into 2.5-cm (1 inch) pieces.
- Cook the gnocchi in three batches in a large pot of boiling salted water until they rise to the surface.
- Remove the gnocchi as they rise, and drain well. Transfer to a hot serving platter.
- Pour the heated tomato sauce over the gnocchi and garnish with parsley and Parmesan shavings.
- Serve immediately.
Imported on 2011-01-20 20:26:46 — Original ID:2423