Golden Honey Pan Rolls
“A cousin in North Carolina gave me the recipe for these delicious honey-glazed rolls. Using my bread machine to make the dough saves me about 2 hours compared to the traditional method. The rich buttery taste of these rolls is so popular with family and friends that I usually make two batches so I have enough!” — Sara Wing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80° F)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large egg white
- Additional honey optional
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl, combine egg, egg yolk, oil, honey, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down dough; cover and let rest 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 balls; place 12 each in 2 greased 8x8-in. baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350° glaze and bake as directed.
- We recommend you do not use a bread machine's time-delay feature for this recipe.
1 roll: 139 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fibre), 3g protein.