Golden Summer Peach Gazpacho
“Because peaches and tomatoes are in season at the same time, I like to blend them into a cool, delicious soup. Leftovers keep well in the fridge—but they rarely last long enough to get there.” —Julie Hession, Las Vegas, Nevada
Taste of Home
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches thawed
- 3 medium yellow tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper chopped
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon marinade for chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 to 3 teaspoons sugar optional
- additional chopped peaches, cucumber and tomatoes
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor; process until blended. Add lime juice, vinegar, marinade for chicken, salt and hot pepper sauce; process until smooth. If desired, stir in sugar.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Top servings with additional chopped peaches, cucumber and tomatoes.
2/3 cup: 56 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fibre), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.