Green Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
This light and healthy salad is a snap to make.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 3 red bell pepper
- 2 lbs green beans
- 2 tbsp parsley fresh and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- almonds optional
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers in oven and broil, turning occasionally, until blackened on all sides. Remove peppers from broiler, and immediately place in a paper bag and close. Set aside 15 minutes to sweat. Remove peppers from bag and slip off skins. Remove and discard seeds and core. Cut peppers into thin strips.
- Heat a large saucepan of lightly salted water to boiling. Trim stem ends from beans. Drop beans into boiling water and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Remove from heat, drain, and rinse beans with cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine beans and peppers, and arrange on large platter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and parsley, and drizzle with olive oil. (Can be made up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.