Green Chile Grilled Cheese Melt
“My daughter created a masterpiece with her ultimate grilled cheese and chiles. Want more heat? Use a 4-ounce can of diced jalapenos instead of chiles.” —Julia Huntington, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Photo: Taste of Home
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can chopped green chilies drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Dash seasoned salt
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In a small bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients until blended. Spread over half the bread slices. Top with tomato and remaining bread.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with melted butter. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat until golden brown and heated through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
1 sandwich: 431 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 730mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fibre), 15g protein.