Grilled Cheese and Pepperoni Sandwich
“Who doesn’t love a good grilled cheese sandwich recipe? This super decadent version comes fully loaded with pepperoni and five types of cheese!” —Josh Rink, Taste of Home Food Stylist
Photo: Taste of Home
- 6 tbsp butter softened, divided
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 oz brie cheese rind removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 24 slices slices pepperoni
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Place bread, butter side down, in a large cast-iron skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. In another bowl, mix together remaining 3 tablespoons butter, mayonnaise, Manchego cheese and onion powder.
- To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with pepperoni; add sliced Brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread the butter-mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
1 sandwich: 719 calories, 55g fat (29g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fibre), 27g protein.