Grilled Chicken and Mango Skewers
“The inspiration for this recipe came from the charbroiled chicken skewers I used to enjoy while strolling along Calle Ocho in Miami on Sunday afternoons. Feel free to garnish with sesame seeds or spritz with fresh lime juice.” —Wolfgang Hanau, West Palm Beach, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 3 medium ears sweet corn
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sliced green onions divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium mango peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- lime wedges optional
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute cut corn until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/3 cup green onions. Keep warm.
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper. Alternately thread chicken and mango onto 4 metal or soaked wooden skewers. Brush with oil.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until chicken is no longer pink, 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve with corn mixture; sprinkle with remaining green onions. If desired, serve with lime wedges.
1 skewer with 1/2 cup corn mixture: 297 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fibre), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.