Grilled Chicken, Mango & Blue Cheese Tortillas
“Here’s a fantastic outdoor appetizer to kick-start your summer get-togethers. We double or triple the ingredients when we host parties.” —Josee Lanzi, New Port Richey, Florida
Photo: Taste of Home
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast 8 ounces
- 1 tsp blackened seasoning
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1-1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 flour tortillas 8 inches
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning. On a lightly oiled rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper. Cool chicken slightly; finely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in mango and onion.
- Grill tortillas, uncovered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until puffed. Turn; top with chicken mixture and blue cheese. Grill, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until bottoms of tortillas are lightly browned. Drizzle with yogurt mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Cut each tortilla into 4 wedges.
1 wedge: 85 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fibre), 5g protein.
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.