Grilled Jerk Chicken
Jerk refers to a dry seasoning blend that originated in the Caribbean and that includes spices like allspice, ginger and cinnamon and a blend of peppers. It’ll have your tastebuds feeling warm all over.
Taste of Home
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin 8 ounces each
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs about 1-1/2 pounds
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; rub over chicken pieces. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Grill the chicken, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until a thermometer reaches 165° for chicken breasts and 170°-175° for thighs.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half and 1 thigh equals 444 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fibre, 56 g protein.